Manager EHS General
Eaton’s North America Truck Group is seeking a Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager. The EHS Manager will be based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
You will lead and direct site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
You will facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. You will work with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
You will determine appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
You will develop site EHS strategy and sets goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
You will work to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
You will drive and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site by analyzing data and culture to develop site-specific programs and initiatives.
You will create and facilitate EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
You will manage leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
You will pursue third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
You will oversee use of established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
You will validate training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
You will collaborate with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
You will drive rigorous metrics related to the BSC to evaluate performance and drive reduction in improved performance in safety and environment in critical business processes.
You will builds relationships with Division and Corporate resources to support identification, review, prioritization and execution of key improvement opportunities/projects to drive results
You will lead plant problem solving efforts on all matters related to Environment, Health, and Safety, using broadly defined policies in support of plant objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be legally authorized to with in the United States without sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Discipline or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Professional Certifications: Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS team
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to new and unique situations
- Strong team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only