Eaton, located in Arden, NC, has an opening for an Order Manager.
The Order Manager will be responsible for supporting customer accounts including general order management, order entry, backlog management, order expediting, and status/tracking. This position will leverage all available resources to provide exceptional Customer Service to both internal and external customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage customer telephone calls (in a queue) and e-mails.
- You will respond to field sales and customer channel inquiries including price, lead time, and selling policy.
- You will provide solutions and alternatives to customer to meet their shipment needs.
- You will provide direction and solutions to other departments on process improvements.
- You will act as focus for field and customers in dealing with functional departments, i.e., engineering, manufacturing, marketing, logistics, and demand planning.
- You will coordinate order management functions including order entry, expediting, processing, maintenance, and status for both domestic and international orders.
- You will manage EDI transactions and related order management activities for designated customers.
- You will act as troubleshooter for all problems related to sales order process.
- You will train peers and customers as appropriate
- You will serve as the customer’s advocate by relying the appropriate level of urgency to peer contacts in the operations and escalating issues as required to management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer support, supply chain, or related business experience required.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit provided.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Previous experience working with ERP systems, specifically SAP.
- Order management experience preferred
- Experience with multi-tiered channel sales support
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to manage multiples items simultaneously
- Ability to decipher customer concerns/issues over the phone when they may be uneducated on the subject
- Ability to maintain high volume of output on a daily basis
- Ability to operate and form relationships internally in a matrixed structure
- Ability to be agile, adapt to and drive change and process improvements
- Ability to demonstrate Market/industry and Competitive Knowledge
- Ability to train, mentor, and develop other employees
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in department software platforms
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time