Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Your key deliverables:
This position is responsible for executing the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with plant leadership. Provides quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells and participates in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Executes the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. Leads a Team of Quality Engineer(s) and Quality Control staff in the execution of the Quality System and Quality Leading Indicator Strategy.
· Provides Quality customer and regulatory interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including containment, root cause, corrective and preventative action execution.
· Supports and drives the Quality Team working in all area’s relative to the collection and analysis of quality data providing expertise and ensuring product and process quality requirements are implemented through EQMS Policies and Quality Best Practice deployment.
· Solves technical product / process and business process problems utilizing structured approaches such as 8D, Six Sigma etc.
· Executes the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
· Participates in the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new and repaired or modified products and processes.
· Analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs periodic reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
· Develops and analyzes statistical data and product/process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas
· Contributes in the design and implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
· Participates in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
· Provides support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
· Develops, implements, and audits inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
· Lead the adherence to the internal and external audit schedule, ensuring all audits , reports and findings are recorded and actioned iaw business and regulatory requirements
Ability to lead a small team of Quality personnel to drive performance through the APEX process.
Detailed knowledge and understanding of regulatory articles including EASA 21G, EASA 145, FAA 145, TCCA, CAAC, ISO 9001 and AS9100 Rev D requirements
Ability to manage all Team Personnel requirements – H&S, Disciplinary, Training, Sickness etc
Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
Knowledge and understanding of regulatory articles including EASA 21G, EASA 145, FAA 145, TCCA, CAAC, ISO 9001 and AS9100 Rev D requirements
Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology
Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, i.e., PPAP, pFMEA, Critical to Quality characteristics, Control plans etc.
Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes
Detailed knowledge of System and process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface)
Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding of product material properties
Understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets
Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
If yes then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers?
Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No