Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer #065603
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Senior Software Engineer in Eaton’s MTL business, based inChennai, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s MTL business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will be to assist in building software coding solutions into our current and future HAC product portfolio on CCTV, Signaling and Communications ranges.
- Focus will be on assisting in the quality assurance, performance testing and competitor evaluation in relation to Eaton’s modular system-platform, that will be used in all our future embedded and open software systems. You will work with and under the direction of the existing core engineering teams in Norway, UK and Germany and in accordance with our existing systems where new code will be tested and debugged locally before being implemented to the main system.
- Test of software-modules
- Design of test environments
- Design of test tools
- Assistance in SW risk assessments and code reviews
- Execution of module and system tests during development and extension of automated test environments
- Evaluation of new hardware platforms that the SW will run on, including performance tests
- Competitor teardown and structured analysis of competitor products
If you are:
Academic degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, communications engineering or comparable qualification
7 – 9 years of work experience is required
High level skillset in:
- Windows.Net architecture
- WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
- Soap/WebServices – as used in ONVIF communication
- Working with TCP/IP based protocols and using WireShark tdebug
Good skillset in:
- MS Visual Studio
- MS Team Foundation Server(TFS) and/or Apache Subversion(SVN)
- C / C++
- WinForms – for creating user interface.
- RTSP/RTP in the creation of mobile app for video.
- Jira – knowledge (or training will be provided)
- Spira will mainly be needed for testing
Basic Skillsets in:
- Software versioning and revision tools such as SVN
- Skills in the following areas are alsan advantage:
- SW design involving vide(H.264/H.265)
- SW design involving Audio
- SW design involving integration of several systems through use of SDK/API or open protocols
- Linux and .net on Linux
- Automated SW testing (Regression test
- Web based user interface design & GUI interface design / user experience
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time