Software Engineer #065599
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Software Engineer in Eaton’s MTL business, based in Chennai,India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s MTL business.
Your essential responsibilities
- For this position, competency to write solid C code for industrial product embedded (IDE) domain. Development of front end application software to interact with product.Preparation of instructional technical manuscripts for firmware operation. Code walk through and bug fixing. Control the software version using configuration management tool.
- Design and development of Embedded C/Assembly language firmware.
- Design application software with scripting language Python.
- Understanding of product concept and bring it into s/w requirement.
- Engage in unit, integration and testing of software components and systems.
- Demonstrate software with ISO, CMMI standard documentation.
- Debug legacy software written in C,C++ and Python.
- Work on Software Configuration Management tools like PVCS, SVN etc.,
- Coordinate with other team players.
If you are:
- Bachelor of Engineering- Electronics (& Communication).
- Working experience of 4 to 6 years.
- Strong in Embedded C / assembly language programming skills .
- Hands on experience in 8-bit and 16-bit processors.
- Desired exposure to ARM processor.
- Proficiency in object oriented programming with C++.
- Experience with scripting language Python.
- Proficiency in Communication protocols like CAN, LAN,WAN,TCP/IP, RS-232,I2C, SPI,I2C.
- Strong skills in software architecture.
- Good understanding of product and circuit concept.
- Knowledge in Quality Processes like ISO,CMMI.
- Familiarity with MISRA standard is desirable.
- Code analysis and bug fixing capability.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues for timely resolution.
- Goal oriented and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Effectively work on Software Configuration Management tools like PVCS, SVN etc.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time