Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Drafter to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will create designs of moderately complex tooling using AutoCAD releases and 3-D software.
- You will maintain existing tool designs.
- You will draft new product drawings using AutoCAD and 3-D software.
- You will perform maintenance to update existing product drawings.
- You will furnish tool room and engineers with necessary prints and information.
- You will maintain, monitor and procure office supplies.
- You will participate in department cost reduction projects.
- You will perform special drafting assignments upon request including plant layouts.
- You will support design engineers in new product design projects.
- You will adhere to all facility safety guidelines and identifies potential hazards to reduce or eliminate them.
- You will set up, perform and support test reporting for UL procedures and files.
- You will maintain organization and cleanliness in work area and supports all procedures set forth to assure product and process quality and plant manufacturing principles.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 1 year CAD experience
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Lincoln, IL
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Knowledge of engineering systems and procedures.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop and other engineering software.
- Knowledge of products and manufacturing procedures and processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No