Inside Sales Representative - Utility
Eaton’s North American Sales division is currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our team. This position will be located at our Waukesha, WI facility.
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. The company is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety.
Our products and the employees who design and build them are part of making a difference in the world every day. If you’re ready to do something that matters, to do it well and to be encouraged and rewarded for doing it, then Eaton is the place for you.
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for working cooperatively with outside sales, sales management and internal/external customers to deliver exceptional customer and sales support with the goal to growing Eaton’s customer base in the utility segment, and meeting or exceeding sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support sales regions to meet monthly / quarterly / annual sales goals established by the business
- You will establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines and strategic plans.
- You will coordinate with marketing and sales to provide documentation for customers to look at product information and solutions. Provide product and technical information to outsides sales to support generation of sales into the utility segment.
- You will respond to field sales and customer channel inquiries including price, lead time, selling policy.
- You will act as focus for field and customers in dealing with functional departments, i.e., engineering, manufacturing, marketing, logistics, and demand planning.
- You will accurately process customer quotes and coordinate renewal of quotes as required. Follow-up on orders and quotations and provide information and updates to customers and sales engineers.
- You will pro-actively contact customers following quotes and sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint or objections. Facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Work experience with SAP
- Work experience with technical products
- Work experience in a customer support role for technical products
- Work experience with electrical products
- Commercial experience, specifically working with sales and/or marketing
- Ability to train others and work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office software package
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time