Automation Channel Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking an Automation Channel Manager for it's Crouse Hinds Division – Wonder Ware West business. The Automation Channel Manager position can be located at our Houston, Austin, or Milwaukee locations.
The Automation Channel Manager is responsible for leading and growing the Americas Automation Channel to achieve significant growth through New Project Opportunities (NPO) and Competitor Conversions. Continue to grow and develop the talent in the Automation Commercial Team, lead a closer integration with their Peers in the region.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will drive the CH Automation products corporate strategy.
- You will manage the Automation Sales Team, increasing competency and growing Talent.
- You will introduce a structure to support Channel, Large Projects and Critical Key Accounts.
- You will introduce a Growth Marketing Plan to the region.
- You will introduce “Fit to Opportunity” and MOS to Ensure Channel Partners exceed expected performance.
- You will increase penetration of products/services into Channel Partner base (Including NPI).
- You will identify and develop Channel, Key Accounts and Engineering Specifiers for new vertical penetration.
- You will serve as liaison between Field Sales and sales resources, pulling in support when NPO’s are identified.
- You will facilitate training and promotion to increase knowledge of CH Automation capabilities.
- You will successfully influence the Automation sales team through clear direction and support.
- You will develop and align the resources required to support and ensure trust and confidence is acquired from the customer.
- You will review, select and resource critical key accounts that serve to grow the business both through sales and market/product knowledge.
- You will introduce Key Account Plans to manage effectively.
- You will act as liaison during a large project pursuit, ensuring Specification, communication across stakeholders in achieved and barriers are removed when needed.
- You will consider Channel Structure to include, where applicable, Hyper-specialist and/or high service, high availability partners, considering existing relationships where applicable.
- You will develop and nurture relationships with Channel Partners through training and ongoing coaching and management…MOS will include Fit to Opportunity, MAP and QBR.
- You will market and communicate value proposition, products, and services.
- You will develop regional and individual sales plans on an annual basis, using regular review to monitor and discuss progress.
- You will drive regular business reviews with Channel Partners and Key Accounts through Sales Engineer.
- You will invest the majority of your time on market development and planning, with the balance of your time split across training, dealing with initiative issues and customer service.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Product, market, and customer knowledge relative to Automation
- Soft skills relative to Eaton’s Leadership Model
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time