Mainframe Support Analyst
- Responsible for architecting, engineering and supporting the global Mainframe enterprise infrastructure topology.
- Provides direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, programming, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to the Mainframe Operating System software, as well as the associated systems management products (backup, monitoring, capacity planning, etc.) and associated hardware infrastructure relating to Mainframe computing.
- Plans and implements major systems software upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Acts as a project leader in planning, directing, and coordinating activities of Mainframe infrastructure projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- You will ensure delivery of a scalable Mainframe infrastructure that is compatible with business needs across applications, technologies, and facilities.
- You will perform troubleshooting of hardware and software issues. Assist in resolving issues and performing maintenance or manage maintenance by outside vendors, if necessary.
- You will develop and maintain effective disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures necessary to recover services in the event of a declared disaster. Provide direction and in-house consulting in these areas.
- You will respond reliably and promptly during off hours and works to resolve system issues when needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Mainframe operating systems (Z/OS) and hardware.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in installing, managing, and patching the z/OS Operating System on an IBM Mainframe is mandatory.
- Relocation is not being offered, all candidates must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH, Moon Township, PA, Raleigh, NC, or Louisville, KY.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Proficiency in maintaining and upgrading Mainframe operating systems, including all phases of the process from research/ordering to installation/testing
- Experience supporting large Mainframe environments.
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely, and to communicate them clearly to upper management.
- Experience applying risk assessment methodologies, contingency planning, and design of business recovery processes for a large-scale Mainframe infrastructures.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time