Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Charleston, SC facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for focusing on the execution and implementation of best machining practices. In this role, you will administer process troubleshooting and improvement, new product introduction, and advancement in machining technology. This roles requires knowledge and practical experience with a multitude of material removal processes including CNC turning, milling, hobbing and honing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will deliver process improvement cost out initiatives:
- Cycle Time Reduction
- Tooling Cost Out
- Set-up Reduction
- Process Capability/First Pass Yield
- You will utilize working knowledge of machining operations and the ability to create the machining processes from a blue print.
- You will utilize working knowledge of cutting tools and fixture design used in metal removal processes for daily trouble shooting activities, process improvement and process development.
- You will introduce new products utilizing the New Product Introduction process in accordance with established standards and best practices driving a right the first time philosophy.
- You will participate as an active member in Rapid Improvement Events (RIE) to eliminate waste and drive standardization.
- You will research, justify and implement new technology as part of the site’s capital strategy.
- You will develop and implement effective mistake proofing as part of continuous improvement and root cause/corrective action.
- You will support development and execution of overall manufacturing strategy that supports the site’s business strategy to meet cost, quality and delivery.
- You will participate as an active team member to address safety concerns in areas such as lock out tag out, machine guarding, and ergonomics.
- You will follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
- You will fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- You will adhere to other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a machining environment required
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- A Master's Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- 8+ years of prior Manufacturing Machining Engineering experience
- Subject Matter expertise in a minimum of two of the following material removal processes: turning, milling (3-5 axis), grinding (ID, OD, and Centerless), broaching, hobbing, and honing.
- Hands on mechanical/manufacturing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership and teaming skills, solid analytical and reasoning skills.
- Working knowledge of machining production processes, lean manufacturing and quality control techniques, 5S, Six Sigma, and Quality systems (e.g. QS 9000, ISO 14001, ISO-9001, AS9100) preferred.
- PMP Certification
- Experienced in additional CAM software such as: GibbsCAM / Master CAM
- Vericut knowledge and application
- Experience with Fixed and Controlled Processes
- Experience with PPAP
- CMM Programming Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Machining experience with a variety of metals/alloys such as Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Ductile Iron, Bronze, Titanium
- CAD Modeling experience: Solidworks/AutoCAD
- Practical experience in mistake proofing (Poka-Yoke)
- Experienced in the design of simple jigs and fixtures
- Proficient in the interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies and risk assessment tools (Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, PFMEA)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time