Field Project Manager
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, is currently seeking a Field Project Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC, Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC facility.
The Project Manager’s primary function is to allow for greater levels of Sales productivity by fully engaging in and taking ownership of all post PO activities. In this role, you are expected to create value for the Eaton sales team, product divisions and customers, acting as the primary liaison between internal and external stakeholders, ensuring all project milestones are met. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the successful execution of the largest, most complex and highest risk electrical projects sold at Eaton (from order entry to order closeout).
The primary functions include; managing the technical aspects of major electrical assembly project orders by meeting customer specifications and timelines for all deliverables including but not limited to: customer relationship management, project financial management, technical project management, documentation (submittals, engineered drawings, O&M’s), coordination of equipment manufacture and delivery, equipment/assembly startup support and addressing quality concerns.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will build internal and external relationships to facilitate execution of the project management process.
- You will coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to perform order transition from sales and clean order entry.
- You will build and maintain a project communications plan, maintaining strong customer relationships (including our channel partners) throughout the project lifecycle.
- You will build and maintain and communicate a project schedule (milestone matrix) with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will oversee and coordinate the technical aspects of projects at a component, assembly and electrical system level.
- You will build and communicate a project financial baseline; drive the project financials utilizing a change log optimizing any opportunity to advance the projects financial position through proactive change management.
- You will coordinate factory witness testing.
- You will coordinate equipment startup after installation at the site.
- You will maintain productivity through the expeditious closeout of existing projects, allowing for acceptance of new projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of electrical industry experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in project management and the project management process
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Arden, NC, Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Strong application of Engineered Power Products
- 5+ years of electrical experience, Project Management experience
- Ability to present information to others in a persuasive way, professionally and diplomatically assert the leadership role that the title project manager conveys.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of an assignment and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle.
- Capable of planning and executing presentations on specific products and services to internal and external customers in order to gain recognition and customer acceptance.
- Knowledge of major competitors in the market and their alignment with distributors and major customers.
- Knowledge on plant front-end scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times.
- Poses advanced computer skills in advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and general use of electronic tools.
- Consistent demonstration of planning, leading, and communication.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time