Heat Treat Furnace Operator
Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Heat Treat Furnace Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Heat Treat Furnace Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of four heat treat furnaces that are used to support all four value streams’ parts. Responsible for loading and unloading of components, ensure cycles are run per customer expectations listed on router, monitor and record all data. Operate ultrasonic tanks for parts.
Core shift for this position will be Saturday - Tuesday from 7am-3:30pm, with a shift differential.
Making what matters work at Eaton
takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment
where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full
potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will load parts into racks, close furnace door & insert parts into furnace when specified temperature is reached
- You will verify the heat treatment cycle is set for correct temperature and time for cooling rate at the end of each operation. Includes thermocouples (hot, cold and control) were within tolerance limits during the cycle
- You will document all information on the controller charts with heat treat lot number, heat treat specification, date, time, temperature and heat treat operator stamp. Additionally, perform and document all daily and weekly functionality checks to verify the proper operation of instrumentation, condition of thermocouples and condition of furnace
- You will examine parts to ensure metal shade and color conform to specifications, utilizing knowledge of metal heat-treating
- You will test parts for hardness, using hardness testing equipment, and stamps heat treatment identification mark on part and transport work to various areas of the shop. Will use Eaton van to transfer parts. Occasionally drive to vendors.
- You will verify record is maintained for all parts in each stress relief, anneal, solution treatment, and age load.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from accredited institution
- Must have three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Beltsville area (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Must have the ability to maintain a valid drivers' license
- 3 years of experience heat treat experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Must be able to use the computer
- Read and comprehend specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
- Must wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
- Able to work in hot environment 8-12 hours a day
- Ability to stand and move 8-12 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis
- Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
- Will train new and temporary employees on processes
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No