Press Brake Operator - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Press Brake Operator to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Williamsburg, VA facility.
The Press Brake Operator is responsible for the lay-out of material per blueprint. The operator sets-up and operates a 120 Ton CNC Press Brake for forming various sizes of steel into product assembled components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will operate equipment according to safe work practices and adhere to all required personal protective equipment.
- You will read job instructions and/or blue prints to cut required products.
- You will perform set-ups, minor troubleshooting, and routine preventative maintenance when required.
- You will monitor oil and coolant levels of the machine.
- You will move product from previous operation to next operation.
- You will adjust machine, tooling, and wheels to keep product within specified tolerances per job instructions.
- You will complete production documentation (first piece approvals, routing tags, scrap tickets, etc.).
- You will maintain high levels of quality and continually seek methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
- You will practice good housekeeping to keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Williamsburg, VA will be considered
- Minimum 2 years of machining experience within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience operating a Press Brake CNC Machine
- Previous experience in steel fabrication
- Able to read and understand wiring schematics and drawings
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to move material as needed using material handling carts (push/pull 100lbs)
- Team player and able to collaborate with others to effectively complete work assignments per customer orders
- Sound reasoning skills and ability to act on them to ensure quality of work is essential
- Saturday and daily overtime is required frequently
- Willingness to participate in training opportunities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No