Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Watertown, WI facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for driving processes in their designated department through the Eaton Business systems. In this role, you will Supervise, facilitate, coach, assist, and manage the deployment of people, materials, machines, and supplies to manufacture product; meeting customer quality, delivery, schedule, and cost expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will promote Zero Incident Safety Culture, enforcing safety standards that include following PPE standards and addressing unsafe conditions.
- You will supervise and support your team in achievement of productivity, materials management, on-time delivery, fill rate, DPMO, overtime reduction and customer service objectives; facilitating appropriate action to achieve goals
- You will foster a positive team environment; helping employees resolve team conflicts, creating a motivated, engaged workforce with a continuous improvement mindset.
- You will facilitate team-staffing requirements to support plant productivity and flexibility goals. Participates on interview panels and recommends candidates for employment. .
- You will assume leadership responsibilities for special manufacturing projects.
- You will Identifies, recommends, and implements cost and expense reduction ideas.
- You will interact with a wide variety of internal associates and external individuals (Human Resources, marketing, sales, customers, vendors, community leaders, etc)
- You will Supports efforts to maintain and verify an accurate physical inventory.
- You will Completes individual and team goal setting and performance reviews.
- You will Performs other duties as assigned. The responsibilities of this role include, but are not necessarily limited to, the tasks listed in this job description
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Relocation benefit is not being offered for this position; candidate must reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Industrial Management.
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications or trainings.
- Knowledge of engineered to order.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operation and quality methods and how these operations relate to problems within areas of responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, must be able to interact with all levels of personnel and achieve a balance between profitable business practices and employee needs & concerns.
- Strong leadership and teaming skills including the ability to understand, select, develop, and motivate employees. Must be able to influence towards attainment of production objectives.
- Solid analytical and reasoning skills to ensure the quality of their work.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No