Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Cost Accountant in the Jackson, MI location.
At this level, incumbents perform highly complex accounting tasks providing specialized analyses in various accounting functions such as financial reporting and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, or cost accounting. Assignments are diverse in nature and require a high level of problem solving skill and the ability to communicate effectively across functional lines
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will maintain accurate standard and current cost system. This includes working with Engineering, Supply Management and Production teams to ensure bill of materials and routers are accurately set up.
- You will monitor, review and analyze manufacturing and budget variances. Includes the analysis of work order variance reports for proper and timely manufacturing close affecting overheads absorption. Scrap, PPV and profit margins analysis
- You will trouble shoot existing accounting systems to correct problems. Develops new procedures and process improvements to enhance financial control and reporting
- You will develop and understand labor and overhead rates and manages the periodic standard cost update
- You will exert strong controls over inventory including the preparation and /or review of balance sheet reconciliations including raw material, WIP and finished goods reconciliations plus the review and analysis of E&O with production to ensure obsolete inventory are accounted for.
- You will assist in month end activities (including the rolling forecast) and financial analysis
- You will undertake special projects and analysis assigned by the controller and plant management including the preparation and provide financial justifications for Capital Appropriation Request and coordinating SOX compliance requirements
- You will complete Customs & Excise Intrastat, VAT Returns and Government Statistical Returns
- You will participate in the Quality activities of the department including BOS
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Jackson, MI to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience within the manufacturing industry and/or Aerospace industry preferred
- Working knowledge of MfgPro and/or Oracle
- Oracle or other ERP experience along with advanced Microsoft skills preferred
- Government Accounting and Reporting experience preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No