EHS & Maintenance Manager
Ensures plant level EHS programs, policies, procedures and systems are developed, implemented and sustained to ensure compliance with local and country regulatory requirements and conformance with Eaton Corporation mandates. Helps drive overall plant successes through employee support and engagement.
· Manages and directs site in achieving EHS and Maintenance targets & objectives.
· Prepares and submits all required environmental permit applications/renewals and routine agency reports
· Manages all plant waste disposal activity to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
· Develops/maintains plant emergency response plans and ensures drills are performed to document plan effectiveness. May serve as the plant emergency coordinator. Provides oversight of the Security Program.
· Reviews plant environmental permits and ensures terms and conditions are understood and complied with, ensures required documentation is maintained and required regulatory reports are submitted to the respective agency, e.g., air discharge permits, storm water discharge permits, local POTW permits and NPDES permits
· Evaluates proposed projects and proposed new chemicals and ensures plans are in-place and implemented to address EHS compliance issues
· Supports and/or directs the plant’s ISO 14001 EMS and facilitates the plant and division MESH implementation and sustainment to meet or exceed corporate requirements.
· Ensures required employee environmental training is completed on-time and documented.
· Develops and implements plant programs, policies and procedures to conform with Eaton EHS and MESH mandates, e.g., EHS and MESH Directives.
· Investigates environmental incidents/accidents to determine root causes and prepares and implements corrective action plans
· Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
· Schedules and facilitates monthly division MESH teleconferences to drive continuous improvement through benchmarking and best practice sharing.
· Supervises and leads maintenance team and ensures all activities related to total preventative maintenance (TPM) are maintained in compliance with plant and Eaton expectations
· Will supervise all EHS and Maintenance personnel
· Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation and compliance with all regulatory codes and expectations
· Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities, monitor equipment inventory, and ensure functionality of all electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and structural equipment within the plant
· Manage relationships with contractors and service providers, maintain maintenance logs and reports on daily activities, including machine critical down time
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
Minimum 10 years’ experience in the environmental, occupational health and safety field.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance
Minimum must hold the Nebosh General Certificate level
Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
Master’s degree in EHS or related field from an accredited institution
Strong communication skills for interaction with all levels of the organization
Experience managing people
Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
Knowledge of Hazard Materials Handling and Emergency Response requirements
Detailed comprehension of industry/state/country specific environmental, health, and safety requirements.
Ideally you will hold a NEBOSH diploma
A sound understanding of National Building Code and compliance
Proven track record of safety management with in the facilities industry, covering Operational projects along with
Small works and Refurbishment projects.
Ideally a project management qualification
A solid understanding of Regional safety legislation and compliance law.
Experience of creating and implementing a Safety Management System in a fast-paced environment.
Experience dealing with local authorities.
Experience working closely with a primary authority on policy approval.
Experience driving a Safety culture in the following operational environments.
Safety compliance (fire alarms, water hygiene, lifts, fire extinguishers, F&B etc.).
Small works & projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time