Technical Support Engineer
The primary function is to provide technical support (pre-sales and/or after sales) and act as a primary point of contact on several channels: telephone, e-mail, web ticket, etc. for electrical product portfolio, in specific low voltage devices for EATON Electrical division.
- Act as a technical specialist for resolving customer challenges related to a given products via phone/email/webchat etc.
- Manage cross references and provide technical support in choosing the components among the EATON product portfolio and competitors
- Deliver expert service as the main point of customer contact for Electrical Products through a positive attitude, high availability, accuracy, and responsiveness.
- Interpret customer specifications, drawings and schematics to provide solutions and accurate information for quotes and orders.
- Develop technical knowledge for internal and external customers and represent the company towards customers
- Drive customer loyalty through quality of service, improved value and through a high performance culture.
- Contribute to secure customer satisfaction, reduce customer effort and achieve cycle time/cost improvements through team-based problem solving.
- Support in the creation of daily/weekly/monthly team reporting activities.
- Lead knowledge sharing sessions within and outside of team to adapt best practices at BSC Budapest.
- Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Industrial Engineering (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Energetic) from an accredited institution (MSc/Electrical is an advantage).
Fluent English capabilities
Any other European Language is a plus.
Professional experience in Engineering / Technical Support sector.
Understanding in the area of low voltage electrical products and related applications.
Proven knowledge and understanding of the technical parameters of PDD/ICPD/PQ/Safety devices.
Ability to interpret technical customer specifications and electrical drawings.
Team player, happy to interact with multiple locations and cultures
Maintain positive customer relationships through active listening, prompt resolution of problems, and projecting a positive, professional attitude, problem solving skills, creativity
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer)
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time