Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer is
responsible for Quality Control (QC) capability deployment in the Asia
Manufacturing Plants (Batam, Indonesia and Shanghai, China) and Quality Tasks
(QE) for new product launch and transitions following the Eaton PROLaunch (NPD
and STP) Process. In this role, you will perform quality activities such as
PPAP, creation of standard work documentation, gage, fixture and equipment
selection in alignment with Aerospace quality standards (AS9100), Customer and
Eaton internal requirements.
You will lead the Transfer of Quality Control Processes and Tools from Incumbent Manufacturing Sites (IMS) to Target Manufacturing Sites (TMS). You will ensure that ongoing production processes are robust and sustainable to meet Quality and Delivery Requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will define customer approval requirements and establish capability at the TMS to ensure compliance.
You will guide approval process coordinating activities between IPT and customer to ensure product launch timing meets plan.
You will partner with Quality Inspectors, Process Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Operations to establish robust manufacturing process controls using Process Flow, PFMEA, and Process Control Plans to ensure reliable, repeatable and capable processes.
You will monitor manufacturing processes and methods to assure compliance to in-process quality requirements and facilitate problem solving activity as required achieving highest FPY possible.
You will provide technical leadership for IMS/TMS Transitions including:
Feasibility Reviews of quality control capacity and capability of target sites
Technical assessment of existing quality management system and quality control tools and processes at sending and receiving sites, prior to moving parts.
Engineering drawing reviews with IMS and TMS
Development of robust quality control processes and specifications required for quality assurance for TMS
Training and development of personnel at new manufacturing locations
On time support of program gates and deliverables led by project manager.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a quality role in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Beltsville, MD facility will be considered.
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred
- Three years of experience in a quality role within the Aerospace industry
- Experience with manufacturing processes (Metal and Carbon Machining, Metal Forming, Welding, Heat Treating), equipment selection, tooling and part process inspection.
- Experience with process benchmarking and deployment (training and qualification) desirable.
- Thorough understanding and working experience with GD&T
- Exposure to multicultural environment and program launches outside USA
- Exposure to Aerospace standards, and specifications (NADCAP Welding, Heat Treating & Finishing)
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Quality systems, methods and practices; QS 9000, AS9100, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, NADCAP and MSA
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time