Manager – Systems & Controls Development eMobility
Manager-Systems & Controls Development (065457)
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Manager – Systems & Controls Development in Eaton’s Industrial Business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a team developing next generation eMobility solutions for Eaton Corporation. You will lead a team working on requirements, contributing to definition of system architectures for eMobility products, propose control systems architecture and algorithm solutions, work closely with Validation team to perform validation testing to confirm that system and functional requirements are met. In this role, you will be responsible to estimate development, resources and timing to achieve the desired results. You will have the opportunity to be mentor & train embedded controls engineers and software architects to help grow overall expertise and competencies of the team to take up larger assignments.
Your essential responsibilities:
Interface with CoE teams in EIIC and global locations to be an integral part of the program team.
Monitors progress and achievements on projects, ensure technical reviews and expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
Attract, develop and retain a team of engineers as per the need of team. Coach and motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals and review their accomplishments
Experience with developing systems architectures , automotive powertrain controls, EGAS concepts. Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols , calibration toolchains and processes.
Demonstrated leadership on software and controls engineering projects. Deep understanding of software development cycles and processes.
Champion continuous capability and process improvements to support the Eaton Business System: Profit planning, Technology roadmap, APEX, Merit planning, Customer & Employee surveys, DFSS.
Proven track record in engineering / R&D domain, Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals
Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
If you are:
- Ph.D. degree in electrical, controls, engineering field and experience of over 10 years in automotive controls or ME/ MS/ MTech with similar background with over 12 years of experience. Expertise and proven track record in engineering management of automotive systems and controls , preferably in Hybrids, Electric or Powertrain systems development
- The ideal candidate would have experience in, or knowledge of automotive drivetrain/powertrain systems and components.
- Team management & experience in growing teams with systems and controls background.
- Project management skills to assess task effort, manage priorities, and report status.
- Good communication skills with ability to interface directly with external partners, suppliers, and both internal and external customers.
- Experience with change management and software release processes in a team environmen
- Experience working with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow CANape, CANalyzer, ClearCase, ClearQuest tools.
- Knowledge of MAAB Guidelines and J1939 standards.
- Awareness of ISO26262
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time