Electrical Controls Technician - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking an Electrical Controls Technician on 2nd Shift. This position is based at our Roxboro, NC. Facility.
Sr. level Electrical Controls Technician. Technician will work in a team-oriented environment, trouble shooting, and repairing production equipment. Duties include providing technical support for the electrical and control systems functions, assisting with technical training for maintenance and production, issuing, maintaining, and updating related documentation as required. Technician will work with Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, and Operations on work assignments and priorities. Technician will document and communicate work progress and completion with Maintenance supervision and Operations as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure compliance with safety and housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures.
- Electrical to include PLC, VFD(s), Servos, Drives, Fanuc robots, CNC controls, Industrial electricity 480 VAC, RS Logix Software, and RS Linx.
- You will be responsible for hardware and software control systems including associated instrumentation.
- You will be responsible for maintaining upgrades/modifications/new installations to maintain and increase operational efficiency of the process.
- You will maintain and support existing systems and structure; supports the general operation for maximum reliability and up-time.
- You will work with other functions, primarily, but not limited to, Engineering on projects and provide information in the decision-making process.
- You will maintain and repair various types of production equipment including, but not limited to, grinders, CNC machines, assembly equipment, furnaces, washers, weld machines, conveyance, fans, motors, pumps, and inspection equipment.
- You will perform Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems diagnostic and corrective preventative actions.
- You will actively participate in lean/5S/continuous improvement activities as needed.
- You will work in a team environment, communicate effectively, prioritize assignments, and have strong attention to detail.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in mechanical maintenance industry OR Associates degree with a technical focus and three (3) years of related experience in general industry
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of PLC experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Requires ability to use hand tools, strong math skills, and ability to read blueprints.
- Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance, Mechatronics and or Industrial Controls is preferred.
- Previous experience performing maintenance related activities on CNC (Computer numerical control) machines, ID or OD Grind Machines, Assembly equipment.
- Electrical Controls experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only