Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As the Bid Manager, part of our Lighting organisation you will lead the lighting design and quotes team to provide ‘Best In Class’ bids, based on your ability to design valued -engineered solutions which influence the decisions of consultants, contractors and end user customers. You will provide the highest level technical, application & design support for Eaton’s lighting offering incorporating mains and emergency luminaires, central battery systems, addressable test and adaptive evacuation products; measure win-loss and conversion rates and provide steering intelligence to help accelerate our ability to win in our chosen fields of play.
Your key deliverables:
• Lead and develop the design and quotes group, as well as the external design agencies, to create a high performing and efficient bid team
• Utilising both your own comprehensive product knowledge & commercial acumen carry out technical reviews of customer design schematics, product specifications and any other relevant documents and recommend appropriate Eaton solutions to match, providing compliant and financially viable solutions
• Triage opportunities to assess our probability of success and then define the bid to win strategy
• Track and monitor win-loss & conversion rates using the CRM system and other available business tools to provide appropriate business reporting to support sales enablement activities to maximise sales success
• Coach and develop team members to realise their potential in current or development roles in the Eaton organisation
• Prioritise & manage workload to meet required customer timescales
• Actively contribute to pricing strategy
• Attend site meetings as required to support the external sales teams
• Support daily pre-sales technical enquiries from customers, field sales and marketing
• Daily activity performed with little or no supervision.
• Monthly & ad hoc reporting as required
Do you have?
Degree in relevant engineering discipline
Previous experience in a similar function
Working knowledge of electrical engineering, CAD and Relux preffered
Previous managerial experience
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are important for us
Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time