Lighting Bid Manager
Lead the lighting design and quotes team to provide ‘Best In Class’ bids, based on your ability to design valued -engineered solutions which influence the decisions of consultants, contractors and end user customers; providing the highest level technical, application & design support for Eaton’s lighting offering incorporating mains and emergency luminaires, central battery systems, addressable test and adaptive evacuation products; measure win-loss and conversion rates and provide steering intelligence to help accelerate our ability to win in our chosen fields of play.
"• Lead and develop the design and quotes group, as well as the external design agencies, to create a high performing and efficient bid team
• Utilising both your own comprehensive product knowledge & commercial acumen carry out technical reviews of customer design schematics, product specifications and any other relevant documents and recommend appropriate Eaton solutions to match, providing compliant and financially viable solutions
• Triage opportunities to assess our probability of success and then define the bid to win strategy
• Track and monitor win-loss & conversion rates using the CRM system and other available business tools to provide appropriate business reporting to support sales enablement activities to maximise sales success
• Coach and develop team members to realise their potential in current or development roles in the Eaton organisation
• Prioritise & manage workload to meet required customer timescales
• Actively contribute to pricing strategy
• Attend site meetings as required to support the external sales teams
• Support daily pre-sales technical enquiries from customers, field sales and marketing.
• Daily activity performed with little or no supervision.
• Monthly & ad hoc reporting as required "
Degree in relevant engineering discipline
Working knowledge of electrical engineering, CAD and Relux
Man management experience and skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time