Director of Sustaining Engineering
Eaton's Lighting Division has an opening for a Director of Sustaining Engineering in our Peachtree City or Atlanta, GA office.
We are seeking a Global Leader for the Sustaining Engineering team of the Lighting Division of Eaton. The primary function of this role is to assume ownership of products after they have launched and provide engineering support to keep them viable. These products include LED light fixtures, associated control systems and existing traditional lighting products
This role works cross functionally with New Product Development (NPD), Sales, Sourcing, Post Sales, Quality, Operations, Compliance and our factories to ensure products can be quoted and manufactured. The Lighting Division has factories located across the US and Mexico
- Oversees and manages a global direct and indirect Sustaining Engineering team located in the United States, Mexico, and India. This includes, hiring, coaching, and mentoring employees.
- Work collaboratively with the factories and other cross functional teams after products launch to maintain viability, create derivative products and address any engineering, compliance, or supply chain issues that may arise while driving continuous improvements
- Work collaboratively with factory leaders and cross functional team members to develop and execute an overall Sustaining Engineering strategy for new processes, engineering master data management, parts obsolescence, product deviation requests, supplier change requests, and engineering change management
- Address any safety recall issues by working collaboratively with a cross functional team
- Proactively address any quality issues that arise
- Develop management systems and performance measurement metrics to transparently track team progress and execution
- Manage contract engineering services including staffing, project monitoring, logistics and financial analysis
- Maintain a safe working environment and actively participate in product safety council activities
- In this role you will work with your global direct and indirect reports to execute sustaining engineering activities which include building BOMs, addressing parts obsolescence issues, executing on Engineering Review orders (ERs), managing Product Deviation Requests (PDRs), addressing Supplier Change Requests (SCR’s), ensuring change management rigor via the ECN and PLM systems, addressing product safety issues and implementing process improvement initiatives to increase productivity and reduce cycle times. This dynamic leader must be effective at managing teams, multitasking, and have excellent communication skills.
- Greater than 10 years of experience in new product development or sustaining engineering roles
- Greater than 5 years of experience in leading teams (global team management is preferred)
- Experience with SAP
- Must be able to travel to Mexico, China and India without restriction
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Experience working in manufacturing or factory environments
- Greater than 5 years’ experience with SAP
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Solid Works Experience
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be located in our Peachtree City or Atlanta, GA office
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time