Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Busag production site in Maramures, reporting to the Plant Manager and to the Division Manager in Austria, you will be responsible for defining the process requirements and limitations, process instructions, operator work instructions, set-up requirements and procedures, process control parameters, standard processing times, and process improvements, in order to meet the production and quality requirements for current products and new products.
In this role you will lead and manage the Manufacturing Engineering department providing a vision and strategy for the organization. You will develop and maintain tactical and strategic plans to achieve the proper balance of process development and process maintenance, while ensuring metrics are in place to monitor performance against the goals, and take appropriate corrective actions as required.
Your key deliverables:
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space
- Support all current and new product introductions
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process
- Review new product design and work with design engineering to identify areas for improved product manufacturability, reduced manufacturing cost, and improved process reliability
- Develop and validate new processes prior to incorporating into the manufacturing operations
- Work with maintenance supervisor to create and execute equipment strategy to ensure optimal performance of all key process equipment
- Manage the scheduling of Plant TPM and installation of machines, tools and equipment to ensure continuous production operations
- Develop new Manufacturing Process Standards and ensure their implementation in the plant operations
- Develop a real time machine downtime reporting system and oversee its implementation to ensure that all machine repaired are achieved in the least amount of time necessary
- Modify production and maintenance activities to improve operations, minimize operating costs and affect greater utilization of labor and materials
- Develop the teams and team members to improve performance direct and coordinate process engineering resources to complete engineering tasks on time to comply with development and production machining schedules and OEE requirements
- Participate in the preparation of the business and investment plans and to the annual set up of the expenses budget (CAPEX)
- Responsible for the Customer and standard Times, taking responsibility for their control, as well as for the productivity calculations
- Detect the potential risks in the process for the quality of the products
- Establish new methods for predictive maintenance
- Analyze defect issues, identify solutions for the technical problems and implement action plans to fix issues
- Accountable for commitment and cross functional delivery of site financial cost savings (Manufacturing cost out) through employing continuous improvement and lean methodologies
- Lead the culture of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the Engineering & Program Management Organizations throughout new product design to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products
- Develop and integrate new processes, methodologies and emerging technologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business
- Educated at Bachelor degree in technical field? Master’s degree is preferred.
- Having solid understanding of Manufacturing Processes and manufacturing equipment?
- Experienced in Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Pull System, Standardized Work, 5S, TPM, Setup Reduction and Error Proofing?
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing systems, including training, planning and implementation of tools?
- Knowledgeable in Gage R&R and SPC?
- Having strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods (six sigma, 8D, and others) and balanced scorecard goal setting process?
- Knowledgeable in problem solving tools & methods, including statistics and process variation reduction tools?
- An excellent People Manager with relevant expertise in managing teams, including coaching, mentoring & performance management?
- Strong communicator, with ability to work with people at multiple levels?
Knowledgeable of industry and customer specific quality standards (i.e.,ISO9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001)?
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or other software applications?
- Fluent in English?
What Eaton offers?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time