Assure customer satisfaction through our Quality System; accountable for quality performance by monitoring Quality related metrics, conducting Quality Assessments. Making improvements in the quality procedures, and develop innovations to improve productivity and reduce product costs. Attain quality goals, assure quality plans are implemented and drive results accomplishment. Deploy the applicable EQS elements and initiatives of EBS to accomplish the established goals.
1. Responsible to establish and develop quality process, such as cost out and process improvement projects to attain plant goals and improve the quality level. Administer the plant Quality program, to maintain required quality levels for plant.
2. Prepare report and presentation to monitor and improve the metrics that impact Quality indicators such as: Warranty, Scrap (within the plants), Quality PPM, PPAP Cycle times, DMR metrics, Hold area inventory, Focus 5 or Major Detractors to the PPM metric and Scrap, etc.
3. Propose and implement improvements processes to guarantee the fulfillment of EQS Policies such as PR-5 Internal PPAP/FAI and PR-6.
4. Participate in Internal ISO 9001 audits to assure compliance of the Quality System and follow up on the resulting corrective actions (CAR’s) or opportunities for improvement (OFI’s).
5. Collect and maintain Historic data control (statistics of products) to support and determine quality issue and root cause.
6. Maintain and support the policies of the Eaton Quality System (EQS).
7. Verify and Follow the final Audits results.
8. Analyze production quality issues (including metrics trends), customer and supplier Feedbacks, prepare corrective action plan, follow up and close any actions which are documented through WISPER; maintain the communication process between supplier, external and internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree on industrial, electrical or electromechanical engineering, or other related science.
- a. Preferable Post grade degree in Quality, Productivity, engineering or others related science
- Minimum experience of 3 years in similar positions
- Full Bilingual (English / Spanish) PC knowledge: Microsoft Office, Minitab, Access, and AS400.
- Knowledge: Lean Tools, 6 Sigma and SPC.
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor (Lead Auditor is a plus) • Pro-Launch tools (preferably)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time