Responsible to achieve optimum equipment performance through corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance. Minimize maintenance cost, improve machine efficiency (downtime, performance). Drive continuous improvement thought ELSS/TPM tools deployment. Manage toolshop activities to develop mechanical spare parts, fixtures and automation projects to support equipment retrofit, improvements and new equipment. Responsible to manage maintenance spare parts inventory (toolcrib). Responsible to administrate the current Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS – Faciliworks or equivalent). Responsible to assist departmental teams supporting machine troubleshooting. Responsible for machine guarding and electrical safety implementation program. Responsible for direct supervision of highly skilled maintenance coordinators and technicians including: mechanic, tool & die maker, CNC operator, CAD/CAM drafters, electronics, automation and calibration technicians.
1. Responsible for direct supervision of highly skilled maintenance coordinators and technicians.
2. Responsible to achieve optimum equipment performance through corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance.
3. Create, review, implement or improve maintenance procedures to support preventive/predictive activities aligned to equipment manufacturer.
4. Implement maintenance engineering controls and deploy ELSS/TPM tools for the business.
5. Drive equipment upgrade and retrofits per roadmap or downtime performance. Requires Capital Projects as needed.
6. Implement CI activities to drive maintenance cost, improvements, upgrades or repair of equipment within directs reports, suppliers or contractors.
7. Responsible to administrate the current Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS – Faciliworks or equivalent): ensure quality of data entry, reports and follow up process.
8. Manage toolshop activities to develop mechanical spare parts, fixtures and automation projects to support equipment retrofit, improvements and new equipment.
9. Manage maintenance spare parts inventory at toolcrib, and established the process for an effective Kanban of tools.
10. Responsible to perform equipment calibration per ISO9001 and keep track of records for preventive maintenance activities.
- Bachelor degree in Electronic or Electromechanical Engineering or similar careers including: Electrical, Mechanic, Mechatronic, Industrial engineering.
- Preferred: Master degree or post grade in Engineering fields
- Minimum experience of: 1-3 years in similar positions for SB06 or 3 years minimum in similar positions for SB07.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Computerized Maintenance Management System – CMMS: Faciliworks or equivalent, Programming language: PLC Ladder, C+ or equivalent, familiarity with Statistical Control Software (Minitab or equivalent), and CAD tools (electrical and mechanical drawings interpretation skills).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (TPM), Statistical Process Control and ISO 9001
- Preferred Knowledge: Certified 6 Sigma and/or LEAN tools, project management
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time