Power Engineering Specialist
Eaton’s Power Reliability division is currently seeking a Power Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Power Engineering Specialist is responsible for providing power and controls engineering within the Network Protector product line. In this role, you will create protective control schemes for medium and low voltage gear and review and critique electronic component selection; provide assistance in obsolescence planning and will work directly with contract engineering teams, Eaton engineering teams, customers, field sales and marketing; provide technical assistance and guidance relating to power system inquiries, specifically secondary network distribution to all disciplines as stated above.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will generate accurate and complete design documentation for protective relay schemes including support and coordination.
- You will demonstrate and document product and system topologies using computer simulations, conventional analysis and standard testing methodologies.
- You will prepare and maintain product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, project notebooks, and design and test documentation.
- You will provide project management for new product development projects or existing product design changes.
- You will provide input for and assist in the generation of deliverables for Eaton’s PROLaunch process.
- You will lead and project manage outside sourced development efforts.
- You will provide training related to power distribution and relay coordination’s for external customers.
- You will review and modify layouts, drawings, and bills of material for completeness and accuracy. Perform necessary calculations such as required to prove adequacy of design.
- You will review and develop accurate drawings and/or electronic data to manufacturing personnel or outside sources.
- You will keep abreast of technology advancements and make recommendations on equipment, software, and design processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of power engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Power Engineering from an accredited university.
Experience with SEL (s. electrical labs)controls or other protective relays and schemes.
- Must be able to work with project planned deliverables in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have good knowledge of integration and automation applications, electric power systems and protective relay applications.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must have a strong track record in managing and delivering new product designs on time and within budget.
- Must have above average proficiency in electrical circuit design and power engineering.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of AutoCAD or similar tools for schematic and wiring layouts.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time