Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our team.
This is a 1st Shift Position, based in North Charleston, South Carolina.
The successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- You will conduct required product inspections of precision machined components used in the Aerospace industry and maintain appropriate systems (ie. DR system, Quality log)
- You will act as a quality resource for High Performance Work Teams which includes leading troubleshooting and problem solving activities for quality related issues in the area
- You will conduct Training and Audits as required
- You will perform Capability/Gage R&R Studies and other data analysis
- You will develop and maintain Quality Plan work instructions
- You will work with Quality Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer to reduce in process and final inspection time
- You will program and troubleshoot CMMs
- You will fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- Able to earn the ASQ CQT certification within 18 months of starting role.
- Knows the basic concepts of problem solving and analytical / statistical techniques
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ISO/AS international standards
- Consistent knowledge and use of tools and techniques for measuring systems and devices as well as analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of AQP process as they pertain to PROLaunch, industry, regulatory and customer requirements
- Has worked in an environment with a certified QMS (ISO 9001 or similar)
- Demonstrates the use of metrics to measure and improve their own work
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment working in a quality role.
- Minimum 1 year experience in GD&T application and blueprint reading.
- Minimum 1 year experience with inspection equipment and gaging methods such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered with this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the North Charleston, SC facility.
- CMM programming / troubleshooting experience with WinCMES, Calypso, or CMM Manager
- Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment working in a quality role.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No