Supply Chain & Customer Service Manager
Eaton’s Corporate division is currently seeking a Supply Chain & Customer Service Manager to join our team.
The Supply Chain & Customer Service Manager is responsible for Managing key Supply Chain related functions such as product planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of customer products & service. Direct (intercompany) and indirect material purchasing, logistics for import, export, inventory control and warehousing; manages and directs supply chain personnel in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control of products to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels; and is expected to train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Manage current and future demand requirements with sales and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
- Manage Mexico PQ subsidiary purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items.
- Analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure product optimal supply chain execution
- Ensure correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
- Ensure quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer audit requirements
- Devise and manages physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
- Evaluate operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Coordinate with division Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- Supports and collaborates with Mexico GTM (Global Trade Management)
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the transportation, logistics, custom agencies, authorities and shipping functions.
- Negotiation of tariffs with brokers, carriers, forwarders and local vendors
- Legal representative for import/export matters
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation .
Responsible for order entry, planning & productivity metrics for a Battery Assembly Line as part of the distribution center capabilities. P. Support services sales opportunities (including, spare parts, batteries, training, etc.) for all LAN&C Region.
- Meet any other activity assigned by your supervisor or special requirements of the company.
- Active participation in continues improvements programs and committees.
- Comply the Eaton Business System (EBS), in foundations, Planning, Growth, Functional Excellence, Assessment and Learning, mainly in the Eaton Business Excellence (EBE); ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 and its tools (such as: Eaton Quality System (EQS), Eaton Lean System and Six Sigma-ELS, HR Standard Work and Employee Survey.
- Know and comply the Policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Engineering from an accredited institution required.
Minimum of 5 years’ Supply Chain experience & leadership role in a large company required.
Minimum of 3 years Supply Chain experience in a medium/large manufacturing facility (150+ employees) required.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English-Spanish (Bilingual) required.
Position Success Criteria :
Demonstrated strong skills on following competencies: Business Insight, Customer Focus, Manager Complexity, Decision Quality, Strategic Mindset, Action Oriented, Optimizes Work Processes, Plans and Aligns, Drive Results, Builds Effective Teams, Organizational Savvy.
Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts scheduling, purchasing. supplier selection, inventory control, logistics and shipping/receiving.
Strong knowledge on international trade laws and Mexican customs.
Strong knowledge of supply and purchasing systems.
Detailed knowledge of the concepts and tool sets of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) in relation to material management.
Competence in computer skills Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project Management).
Knowledge of MAPICS (creation of PO, inventory management, MRP).
VISTA and Global VISTA application (order creation, order maintenance)
MENTOR, SIOP, APICS certification
Good knowledge of the distribution and transportation centers in Mexico.
Master degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field from an accredited institution required.
Knowledge of Eaton products and their applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LAC PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time