The Site SIOP/Demand Manager develops and leads the development of strategy, processes, and tools for the company’s key forecasting activities. This position will represent the plant SIOP and demand management department in key cross-functional decisions, including short- and long-term strategy discussions, product initiatives, strategic business planning, and systems integration. Leads the aggregation and analysis of topline demand forecasts and highlights the risks and opportunities pertaining to market and economic factors, enabling senior leadership the support analysis needed to drive improved profitability, volume growth, and achieve channel objectives.
In this role, you will drive site metrics for SIOP forecast fill and forecast accuracy. Collaborate with Materials Management and Operations on the site goals of inventory, days on hand, excess and obsolete reduction initiatives and customer on time delivery. Develop a cognitive future Strategic and Profit Plan to support Aerospace growth targets and to drive SIOP as the financial plan.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will drive the SIOP process supported by a cross functional team. Owns measures of fill rates, forecast accuracy and is critical team member to drive SIOP maturity score for the site. Collaborates with other Demand Managers on best practices and aligned processes. Reports functionally to FMC division SIOP materials management teams, supporting the division strategic objectives.
You will develop a yearly profit plan forecast and drive achievement during current year - 24 month rolling, including a 5 year Strategic Plan. Incorporate business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, customer service, program management, etc. to determine demand drivers and to confirm any sales spikes and trends as they arise.
You will provide leadership, drive organizational capability and set objectives for the department, leading to continuous improvement of the forecast process and the adoption of best practices.
You will lead the monthly consensus demand process, including reporting to senior management on forecasts, assumptions, risks and opportunities. Document and challenge forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, statistics, business trends, and demand patterns.
You will develop accountability for demand management through performance measures and provide feedback tithe participants in the process.
You will support the development of a robust demand forecast that is agreed to by sales and marketing, including an analytical driven demand planning monthly process.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required
Minimum 3 years of work experience in forecasting, SIOP, or Integrated Business Planning and Demand Planning is required
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Euclid, OH will be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Knowledge of Forecast Pro, Demantra, Demand Solutions, or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading a cross functional team towards metrics based objectives
- Demonstrated cross functional team leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, financial, and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Power Point).
- Experience in driving aligned actions through groups that don’t directly report to them.
- Self-motivated with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent prioritization skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of staff.
- Thorough understanding of the best practices in demand analysis, production, and inventory planning in both an OEM and Distribution environment.
- APICS, Forecasting, Use of Forecast pro software or Demantra software, and SIOP Certification a plus.
- Demonstrated success in driving results through others
- Demonstrated skills in team development and competency excellence
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time