Customer Service Manager
Eaton’s Power Distribution & Controls Assemblies Division is currently seeking a Customer Service Manager to join our team! This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The primary function of the Customer Service Manager is to plan and manage customer orders and direct the engineering and production loading within Eaton’s Fayetteville Motor Control Center Manufacturing Facility, as well as amongst several remote manufacturing sites. In addition the Customer Service Manager will manage a team focused on customer relations, order entry and flow, and OTD performance, focusing on customer satisfaction and fostering positive business relationships.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide management and direction to the customer service representatives and master schedulers, which includes managing order processing from receipt of order to delivery and invoicing. This is a team of 6-10 people.
- You will establish and maintain communications with customers and keep abreast of customer needs and procedures. Communicate customer needs to other departments.
- You will directly manage key customer / project orders to ensure a high-level of performance and drive customer satisfaction.
- You will develop and maintain a mastery of the systems and processes used to support order management, including but not limited to Vista, AS400, Mapics, etc. The incumbent should be able to train new employees on these systems as well as the processes used to administer order entry, order flow, and maintenance of the plant backlog.
- You will manage and attend daily production meetings to drive effective internal communications and cross-functional collaboration.
- You will drive and control the processes and procedures to support a level-loaded schedule for the engineering and manufacturing departments, amongst a multi-site arrangement (Fayetteville, Houston, Chicago, and Portland).
- You will maintain consistent interaction with other plant functions to balance advocacy for customer needs with those needs of the plants. This includes management of the customer returns and damage process.
- You will direct and oversee customer visits to drive positive customer experiences and ensure customer expectations are clearly understood by all impacted functions.
- You will support order negotiations amongst the facilities to help secure price and orders based on order specific negotiated terms.
- You will coordinate the customer survey process and proactively build strong customer relationship processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a customer service capacity
- Experience in a manufacturing or similar engineered-to-order (ETO) facility
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Supervisory experience
- Customer Service or Sales Support experience with a technical product
- Communicate effectively amongst a cross-functional team and with customers
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Proven ability to coach and develop strong team
- Strong commercial savviness and customer service skillset
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time