Supply Chain Manager
Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Troy, IL facility.
The plant level supply chain manager is responsible for managing all production planning, inventory control, purchasing, and shipping activities for the Troy site. The individual serves as a critical member of the plant leadership team by providing leadership of plant activities as related to material flow and customer service. Leads efforts to reduce costs and improve cash flow and asset management throughout the supply chain using lean principals. Provides leadership influence to help assure facility goals are met related to safety, quality, productivity, and customer service. Develops, implements, and maintains programs designed to reduce costs, improve inventory turns and optimize customer service levels. Leads and supports all assigned personnel to maximize their contribution to the success of the business and develop their talent and career potential to the fullest extent possible. Serves as the leader for continuous improvement activities related to Materials Management and is seen as the site expert for this function. The individual reports solid line to the Plant Manager and dotted line to the Division Supply Chain Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will serve as a member of the plant leadership team and provides leadership and support necessary to achieve local, division, and corporate initiatives and objectives.
- You will be responsible for safety performance of shipping, receiving, and material handling activities.
- You will manage all aspects of the production supply chain to ensure all raw materials purchased products, and outside processing are obtained at the best price and quality, and delivered on time to support the production schedule.
- You will manage all aspects of the production schedule to assure appropriate inventory levels and integrity are maintained for stock items and that made-to-order products are produced in a timely and efficient manner.
- You will take ownership of SIOP monthly process derived from the sales forecast.
- You will manage the production and shipping schedules to ensure customer orders and intracompany stock transfers are efficiently shipped on-time, complete, and accurate.
- You will optimize finished goods warehouse to maximize employee productivity and customer service performance while minimizing wrong part / wrong quantity shipping errors.
- You will develop and implements initiatives to reduce supply chain costs, improve inventory turns, and increase customer service levels to support sales through the use of lean principals.
- You will be accountable for On Time Delivery, DOH results vs. target and freight spend vs. budget and Past Due performance.
- You will oversee sourcing and vendor selection for components, material and/or related services. Meet with vendors and carriers to negotiate contract items – price, delivery, quality, and quantity.
- You will lead annual physical inventory and cycle counting processes and activities.
- You will lead all cost out activity related to working capital performance.
- You will directly manage the Supply Chain team.
- You will develop SCM team members in Materials/SCM and Logistics functions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of experience within the Supply Chain function in a manufacturing environment
- Relevant computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, compliance software)
- Implementation experience with basic concepts of planning and lean material flow (Pull systems, kanban, MRP, Schedule sequencing & level loading, inventory modeling, JIT, etc. )
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of experience with a solid manufacturing background with an emphasis in material, purchasing and supply chain improvement
- Experience in a manager of people role
- CPIM, CSCM or CPM certification a plus
- SAP/SAP BW experience a plus
- LEAN implementation experience a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time