Manufacturing Technician - (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join our MCC Cell Line team on second shift. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Manufacturing Technician will assemble, fit and mount sub-assemblies, components, and standard and near standard fixed assemblies in Motor Control Centers, Enclosed Control and related assemblies and sub-assemblies. Perform assembly required for test preparation and final inspection. Assemble and wire units, relay panels, panel boards, space heaters, and control panels. Bend and install power cable and leads, fabricate pre-cable unit, panel and MTB harnesses, and power leads. Use established power checking procedures and equipment to verify electrical/mechanical integrity of units assembled. Stage parts for customer orders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from oral or written instructions from supervision and/or prints, inspection reports, manufacturing information sheets, and standard or near standard wiring diagrams.
- You will read shop orders and drawings to determine assembly procedures such as component types and configuration, mounting locations and clearances required.
- You will assemble and fit parts and components to form sub-assemblies, or completed assemblies.
- You will install units, pan assemblies and cover up steel, meters, kirk keys, pull boxes, reactors, relays, fuses, MTB assemblies, panel boards, space heaters, transformers, etc. by mounting / bolting into place. Assemble and install bus work such as lug adapters, cross over bus, splices, etc.
- You will make pre-bent cable unit, MTB and control panel harnesses using pre-cable boards, control panels and hand crimp lugs if necessary. Cut, install and connect wire and/or cable in units where circuitry requires additional relays, timers, fuses, etc. Cut, form and connect control wire, power wire and cable, point to point on units, relay panels, control panels, and space heaters. Make solder connections.
- You will modify standard assemblies or doors as received. May alter hole cutouts, etc. using hand or power tools.
- You will make wiring changes as required. Make necessary mechanical repairs, replacements or changes. Use buzzer as required, to assure proper wiring connections.
- You will mark wires, devices or terminals as required. Identify harness and/or panels with job and unit number. Apply component ID labels such as “Brady Markers” or “Dymo” labels if required. Identify work and maintain records as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Fayetteville, NC will be considered
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No