Material Flow Supervisor
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Material Flow Supervisor to join our team.
This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The Primary function of this role is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company’s inventory while providing support for the Shipping & Receiving areas of the Lincoln Avenue facility by acting as a liaison between Production, Materials, and Transportation. Responsible for Autotime and other manufacturing systems to maintain accurate system data pertaining to these functions. Provides supervision for the Shipping & Receiving employees on all shifts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead and supervise the physical inventory
- You will review Autotime reports for errors and resolve and issues
- You will oversee training processes to support our goal of developing a more robust, cross trained staff
- You will provide coaching, motivation and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development
- You will oversee shipping & receiving processes at the Lincoln Avenue facility and will coordinate daily product shipment between transportation and production to ensure customer satisfaction
- You will make sure that your distribution centers and warehouses maintain the necessary inventory levels to meet projected sales demands
- You will be writing inventory reports, managing the cycle count program, root causing errors and driving corrective actions
- You will implement and support a behavioral based zero incident safety culture
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- You will communicate company policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as ensuring that they are consistently practiced
- You will communicate effectively with other departments to expedite the workflow and ensure the established quality expectations
- You will develop and implement schedules and manpower requirements to meet or exceed the production plan
- You will report on Raw, WIP and FG inventor levels and drive appropriate actions to reduce overall DOH
- You will report on root cause and drive resolution for excess and obsolete inventory
- You will drive the shipment process to ensure the plant achieves on-time delivery to customers and executes on financial commitments
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree form an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a Supply Chain field
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a shipping, receiving, or logistics capacity
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not included so candidates must live within 50 miles to be considered.
- SAP knowledge strongly preferred
- Detailed, analytical, and results oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Previous supervisory experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Broad knowledge of a business and manufacturing enterprise, as well as computerized inventory systems.
- General understanding of accounting principles, industrial engineering, and manufacturing processes.
- Extensive understanding of laws that affect company purchasing policies, procedures, and decisions.
- Broad understanding of corporate and division purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop material plans that support sales and inventory objectives simultaneously for a multi-product plant.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time