Product Line Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle group is currently seeking a Product Line Manager to join our team.
The Product Line Manager is responsible for:
Creating a learning environment, focused with continuous improvement strategies and robust problem-solving techniques, which will lead to improvements in organizations safety, operational performance, customer service levels and overall financial health. This is an exciting opportunity for a high energy, passionate and motivated individual to manage all operational activities in the manufacturing area. This position is also responsible for leading the execution and deployment of robust manufacturing processes and manufacturing efficiency initiatives across the organization. Have fun and develop personal competencies, while providing leadership in executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with MESH and regulatory standards, established industry standards, and customer requirements. As a member of the plants leadership team, this highly motivated individual, works with the entire team to lead the development and implementation of the sites Continuous Improvement strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities. Have fun, while learning, educating and deploying the operational tools.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, and equipment maintenance. Makes work exciting, engaging and meaningful for all employees.
- Drive the company's vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout the department.
- Drive continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System processes and problem-solving tools such as Eaton Lean System and 5S.
- Set, communicate, and achieve department goals and objectives. Improve performance metrics to drive results along with appropriate problem-solving methodologies to identify process improvements.
- Fully engage workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation processes.
- Develop product line budget and manage manufacturing expenses within budgetary parameters.
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Engineering to establish product line capital goals.
- Develop profit plan and strategic plan details relating to production and support activities.
- Work with plant staff in establishing the strategic plan for the facility.
- Build organizational capability to support a high-performance culture.
- Actively participate in the plant annual objective planning session in order to establish a 3 to 5-year strategic plan for the manufacturing facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing leadership roles
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree or MBA from accredited institution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate employees
- Experience in budgeting, capital equipment analysis, cost accounting and project cost analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in Lean Manufacturing and 5S
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time