Senior Power Conversion Engineer
- You will be a technical leader, support emerging power conversion & power system solutions based on breakthrough technologies for power systems.
- You will support the voltage regulator product group with respect to power electronic related technology in areas such as production, testing and test systems, marketing, engineering and customer support.
- You will develop the cross functional power electronic skillset in the voltage regulator group.
- You will support technology and commercialization projects by working with external technology resources and internal production staff.
- You will be a liaison with suppliers (3rd party suppliers of power electronic components and controls) and internal manufacturing (assembly, test) to support implementation and production.
- You will act as a liaison between the CRT/COE and the product line. Ensure seamless transitions between groups.
- You will assist production in the implementation of new technologies. Develop product definition data and assist in the development of work instructions, test equipment and procedures, etc.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution plus a minimum 2 years’ engineering experience OR Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution without work experience
- Master’s Degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in Power Engineering, Test, and Production
- Experience in low or medium voltage power conversion, including creating specifications, defining application space, designing technical solution concepts, and building and testing prototypes to validate models/hypotheses and documenting results.
- Experience in power electronics electromechanical packaging techniques
- Experience with power distribution system design, analysis and protection.
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple activities and projects
- Willing and able to learn and apply adjacent disciplines technically (electrical, mechanical, thermal) and functionally (design, marketing, manufacturing)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time