Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for its Crouse Hinds Division. The Senior Financial Analyst position will be located at its Syracuse, NY facility.
The position is accountable to perform financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, accounting, special project analysis and create financial reports to provide Corporate, Division, and Business Unit management with reliable information to make decisions impacting the financial performance of the business.
This position will report to the Manager of EP Finance for Eaton Cooper Crouse-Hinds. Its primary purpose is to assist in the annual budget process, analyze monthly performance through financial statement reviews, complete month end tasks, provide presentations to Senior Management on financial performance and perform analysis on changes in the business. Must possess the ability to both provide and present meaningful reports and metrics to Senior Mgt. A strong knowledge of general accepted accounting principles, control concepts, financial and budget principles is required. In addition, a general knowledge of automated systems, and the function of the finance department are required. An advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are required. The position requires advanced abilities for problem solving, developing and presenting accurate financial information as requested by Senior Management. The candidate must be comfortable presenting to all levels of the organizational structure. The candidate must be able to flex with changing priorities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will prepare, review and analyze financial forecasts operating budgets and strategic plans.
· You will provide in depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts.
· You will report the daily progress of the business toward the monthly established goals, giving the management team the first line of reporting to trends in the marketplace.
· You will perform detailed SG&A expenditure analysis to identify trends and areas in need of cost control focus. You will provide valuable variance analysis to highlight issues or opportunities and promote understanding of necessary changes.
· You will perform business unit finance/accounting month-end closing procedures, complete account reconciliations, prepare journal entries.
· You will work collaboratively with the department to propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and faster reporting.
· You will analyze Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow statements for domestic and international business units.
· In certain situations, you will act as the team lead in regard to process improvement and evaluation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting work experience.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring company sponsorship. This position does not offer relocation Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Syracuse, NY facility.
· Financial analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
· Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time