Materials Planning Analyst & Shipping Supervisor
Eaton’s North America Truck Group is seeking a Materials Planning Analyst & Shipping Supervisor. This position will be based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
The primary responsibility of the Materials Planning Analyst / Shipping Supervisor is to plan production in support of the smooth operations of the Assembly line and Machining operations, while supervising a team of approximately 7 shipping team members in an automotive manufacturing facility. This position ensures that shipments of finished product meet customer on-time-delivery (OTD) expectations. Additionally, this position assists the Materials Business Team Leader in driving metrics for the Materials Department and creates and distributes reports for the Kings Mountain Assembly and / or Manufacturing departments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review parts requirements reports and coordinate deliveries with Eaton Planners (centralized materials planners), other Eaton Plants, and /or External Suppliers to support Kings Mountain Assembly and Manufacturing operations.
- You will supervise the Shipping Team, ensuring the appropriate coordination of shipments based on business needs. Maintain a positive work atmosphere while planning and facilitating the team’s work in line with established goals and objectives.
- You will serve as the main contact for all Global Trade Management actions, assessments, and questions.
- You will track Premium Freight and other key metrics, analyzing root causes and action plans for control as needed. Drive and support continuous improvement efforts within the Materials department and across the plant, including participating and leading A3 problem solving.
- You will communicate effectively with suppliers and Eaton Business Partners at all levels of the organization; collaborate with team members within the department, cross-functionally, across the organization, and with suppliers or other key contacts outside of the organization.
- You will track and update daily, weekly, and monthly metrics and reports; drive improvements in key metrics (including safety, accuracy and quality, on-time delivery, financial performance, and excellence thru people). Manage documents and projects as assigned.
- You will lead daily start-up meetings and participate in daily tier meetings; Attend weekly materials team meetings to review progress of the team goals & projects.
- You will drive consistency and effectiveness through work standardization. Maintain work area housekeeping and 5S+, and drive department / team housekeeping efforts.
- You will set the example by adhering to plant policies and procedures; assure adherence to plant policies and procedures by team members through accountability and effective performance management.
- You will prepare and conduct regular performance appraisals for team members using the APEX for manufacturing tool. Conduct regular one-on-one discussions with direct reports to review their performance to their goals & objectives, and to provide performance feedback.
- You will apply and reinforce all Environmental, Health and Safety (MESH) initiatives. Ensure safety training and safety observations are completed by team members. Ensure proper incident response and reporting occurs within the shift.
- You will support the planning of and activities on the day(s) of annual plant physical inventory (API).
- You will resolve employee issues and conflicts in accordance with Eaton’s Values and Philosophies
- You will participate in interviews for new team members; coordinate the polling process as openings occur.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a Logistics or Supply Chain function is required
- Minimum 1 year experience as a manager of people / front-line leader is required
- Must have working knowledge of shipping principles
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship
- 1+ year of experience working with Global Trade Management (GTM)
- Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business, or similar degree preferred. Master’s degree or MBA a plus
- Prefer 3+ years of experience managing people in a manufacturing, industrial or similar environment Previous experience in and knowledge of Assembly & Manufacturing Scheduling
- Proficiency in an MRP or ERP system (prior experience with Oracle a plus).
- 2+ years of experience in Global Trade Management
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles in a materials setting is helpful
- Able to use deductive reasoning to uncover root causes of problems
- ISO / TS16949 / IATF experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills used for the review, motivation, and development of direct reports in addition to building relationships with internal and external customers and support teams.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage cross-functional resources to support objectives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only