Electronics Technician (Off Shift)
The Eaton manufacturing plant in Lincoln, IL has an immediate opening for an Electronics Technician to work on an off shift.
The Electronics Technician will plan, layout, install and maintain, program and trouble shoot electrical and electronic controls and equipment including PLC and motion control devices and will perform mechanical tasks with the above situations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from complicated drawings, specifications or wiring diagrams and have a hands-on of electricity and electronics.
- You will also need to be able to work without drawing when necessary for project work.
- You will be required to direct the work of helpers, instruct plant emergency team members and operate a power truck.
- You will adhere to all facility safety guidelines and encourage communication and participation of personnel to further identify and reduce/eliminate potential hazards.
- You will perform work in accordance with National Electrical Code requirements.
- You will adhere to and support all facility environmental guidelines and procedures, and will help identify additional projects to improve environmental footprint, and reduce waste and raw material consumption.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED is required from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in industrial maintenance
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with PLCs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Lincoln, IL will be considered
- An Associate’s Degree in Electronics from an accredited institution or 5 years of electronics experience
- Experience working robotics
- 7 or more years of maintenance electrician experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No