Materials Planning Manager
- You will manage current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- You will ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
- You will assist in expediting material, where required, to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
- You will analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution.
- You will ensure correct planning parameters are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation.
- You will manage material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
- You will analyze and manage aggregate inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and inventory targets.
- You will arrange for the sale of scrap, obsolete, surplus materials and by-products in order to minimize excess material.
- You will evaluate operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- You will coordinate with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- You will support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years experience in materials/planning management within manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience as manager of people.
- Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Thorough understanding of Materials Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- APICS Certification
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- MBA Preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time