Eaton in Ellisville, MO is seeking a full-time Senior Machinist to work first shift.
The Senior Machinist will perform the full range of fabrication, modification, machining and assembly operations within the Engineering Labs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform the full range of fabrication, modification, machining and assembly operations in the Engineering Labs.
- You will self-manage project details and order of operations to fabricate components, tools, dies, displays and fixtures.
- You will support testing programs and generate test reports for engineering and agency submittal.
- You will program and operate, PLC’s, relays, NC and other programmable machinery.
- You will perform less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- You will assemble prototype devices using hand tools, solder iron and hot plate
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Machinist certificate or degree (24-credit hour minimum) and 10-years machinist experience and a minimum of 2-years hands-on electrical experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Ellisville, MO will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Proficiency in MS Windows operating system is required
- Familiar with Ohms Law
- Skilled operation of tool room equipment including mill, lathe, drill press, saws, grinders.
- Proficient in computer operation in a MS Office environment.
- Works from drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions
- You will utilize precision measuring instruments including: caliper, micrometer, comparator and video measurement equipment.
- Utilize knowledge of basic electrical principles including Ohms Law.
- Utilizes electronic measuring instruments including ohmmeters, ammeters and voltmeters.
- Utilizes high level math skills, including trigonometry to determine machining strategies.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No