Site Infrastructure Support Analyst
Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility. No relocation is being offered for this position.
The IT Analyst is responsible for providing client infrastructure (PC, Laptop, PC/Laptop Peripheral, Mobile Device, Printers) support with minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer. Customers include all of Eaton’s internal IT users within a specific geographic Zone. This includes monitoring Incident and Request queues and meeting defined SLAs for Incident and Request resolution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- You will deploy, configure and 2nd/3rd level support mobile devices, printers, PC/laptop hardware, PC/laptop operating system and standard productivity software for internal IT users at locations within a geographic Zone.
- You will follow standard ITSM processes of Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Project Management to serve internal IT users and drive high performance against operational metrics.
- You will handle PC Lifecycle Management, including Provisioning, Asset Management and Disposal. May also assist with disposal of other IT assets.
- You will participate in application, infrastructure, security and OpEx initiatives and support activities as needed related to site infrastructure that requires physical on-site presence, interaction with site personnel and/or expertise about site-based IT systems.
- You will provide “smart hands” and eyes support for other infrastructure located outside of the Data Centers on behalf of the Infrastructure SME teams.
- You will assist with support of various site-based IT systems that are not supported by Enterprise IT teams. This varies widely from site to site.
- You will influence IT budgeting, forecasting and spending for SIS and Site IT budgets.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience.
- Relocation is not being offered. Candidate must be located within a 50 mile radius of the Eaton Jackson, MI facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Associate Degree in business or technology if preferred.
- ITIL, MCSA, or comparable certification.
- 5 plus years of IT experience supporting Windows operating systems and PCs.
- Other IT Infrastructure (working knowledge) – network, servers, storage, phone systems
- Miscellaneous Equipment used in manufacturing locations such as bar code scanners, specialized printers, industrial PCs, RF Scanners, etc.
- Customer Service experience.
- Use of ticketing system and meeting Service Level Agreements
- IT Service Management - Asset Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Intermediate level phone skills in order to provide support virtually.
- With minimal supervision of a supervisor or senior peer, participate in Merger and Acquisition activities such as site closure, opening and relocation.
- May be contacted after hours for emergencies.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time