Director - M&A Tax Strategy
Eaton's Corporate Tax team is seeking a Director of M&A Tax Strategy to join our team. This position is based in our Beachwood, OH facility. In this role, you be responsible for driving analysis and tax work associated with acquiring or divesting of businesses that range in size from small value to several billion dollars
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assess acquisition targets for tax opportunities and risk and quantify tax synergies and exposures
- You will develop tax efficient acquisition and divestiture strategies and coordinate and work collaboratively with regional tax teams to ensure consistency with legacy synergy plans and platforms
- You will review and analyze the Sale and Purchase Agreements for tax implications, advising on necessary edits to ensure coherence with synergy platforms and to minimize tax risk
- You will recommend tax contract language to ensure adequate indemnification, escrows, etc
- You will negotiate tax contract language with sellers and buyers as requested by Corporate Development and/or the Law Department.
- You will develop tax efficient acquisition financing structures with Treasury
- You will supervise and develop the team as well as manage outside tax professionals who perform deal due diligence and contract review on behalf of Eaton
- You will develop and negotiate purchase price allocation and provide advices and assistance with tax indemnification claims and payments that results from acquisitions and divestitures worldwide
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of ten years of total income tax experience
- Minimum of six years of experience in M&A, due diligence, and direct tax integration planning
- This position does not provide sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Masters of Tax or JD
- Ten years of total income tax experience with significant experience focusing on complex domestic and international tax matters in the M&A context is highly preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time