Eaton's Vehicle Group has an opening for:
Location: Chomutov, Czech Republic
This position provides overall leadership for Quality function and quality management systems within the facility including creation, deployment and execution of quality strategy as well as coordinating of quality department work.
A. Ensures that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained, meeting standards such as IATF16949, EQMS, OpA and in in accordance to Corporate policies, Group / Regional / Divisional and Local procedures.
B. Represents the site during customer contacts in order to reach a maximum of customer satisfaction.
C. Seeks for defects elimination and reduction of processes variation toward 100% conformance to customer requirements; organizes and coordinates the quality control process in order to reduce internal scrap/rework, avoid customer complaints and supplier issue (Cost of Quality).
D. Oversights ProLaunch / APQP / PPAP quality activities and documentation
1. Drive quality improvement based on QMS and Customer leading and lagging metrics.
2. Report to top management on the performance of QMS and any need for improvement.
3. Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
4. Accomplishe permanent customer visits (according visit matrix)
5. Coordinate, update and control all quality documents
6. Coordinate internal and external audits
7. Coordinate the quality training of the site according to requirements
E. Builds relationships with regional, divisional and corporate resources in order to support identification, review, prioritization and execution of key improvements opportunities/projects to drive results
F. Analyzes and reviews the development of Functional Competencies for Quality Department.
G. Manages Quality Department Budget.
Specialized knowledge and qualifications:
Education and language skills required:
• Engineering degree in Engineering/Quality/Management as a minimum. Master’s degree is desirable.
• Very good communication in Czech and English
• Professional certifications such as CQE are desirable.
• Preferred: 5 years seniority in positions related to quality/manufacturing manager of people;
• Minimum: 3 years seniority in positions related to quality/manufacturing, manager of people.
• Very good knowledge of quality tools and processes.
• Technical knowledge in the areas of manufacturing processes. •
Project management skills.
• Customer interface and presentation skills.
• Must have ISO9001/TS16949/IATF16949 experience.
• 6Sigma GB/BB certification desirable.
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time