Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer. The position is based in Jackson, Mississippi.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will have the responsibility for process planning and design, tool development and inspection sheet documentation for production processes.
- You will supervise of hourly employees when Team Leader is absent
- You will own productivity and efficiency.
- You will use Problem Solving tools (8D, 5 Why’s, DMAIC) to identity corrective and preventive actions
- You will process customer returns (RMA’s) with detailed failure analysis
- You will identify and execute cost out initiatives through productivity improvements
- You will support new product launches into production
- You will perform daily process checks to ensure compliance by technicians
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of Co-Op/Internship experience within Engineering or Manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Jackson, MS will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to build effective teams; creative thinker
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make effective decisions
- Ability to think strategically and influence others’ decision-making
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn aerospace hydraulics products and processes
- Ability to quickly analyze, identify, and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year.
- Detail oriented
- Collaborative style and ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience in aerospace industry
- Experience in tool design
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Experience working in Assembly and Test operations
- Experience in a union environment
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time