HR Programs Manager – Sector Functions
The HR Programs Manager-Electrical Sector Functions, will be a key member of the Electrical Sector HR Team responsible for program and projects related to: workforce and talent Planning, leadership development and learning, effectiveness of diversity and inclusion, and employee engagement. This role can be located in Moon Township, PA or Cleveland, OH.
This role will play a vital role in leading execution excellence, continuous improvement and measurement of global sector-wide talent processes and programs. The Program Manager will work closely with the HR Director-Sector Functions, Talent Management/Organizational Effectiveness (TMOE) Directors, Talent Acquisition, division HR leaders, as well as local HR Business Partners in the implementation and management of key programs through the use of defined standard work, processes and business analytics.
This role will effectively plan and project-manage the delivery of processes and programs, while continuously improving execution and measuring success. Key process execution may extend only to the direct client group (i.e. performance management, merit planning, etc.) but frequently extends across all divisions within the sector (i.e. development planning, Organization Capability Assessment, etc.). The position will also sustain a variety of initiatives currently in place.
- Provide strategic HR partnership as the primary point of contact for the sector finance team and engineering centers of excellence.
- Build strategic and operational sustainable partnerships with the global Human Resources team.
- Responsible for project managing, planning and executing programs from start to finish while leveraging appropriate change management processes and analytics to ensure programs are rolled out in a timely, well-coordinated manner. Share best practices across the group and facilitate feedback from business and function leaders of programs and initiatives to drive improvements.
- Manage all KPI reporting for Talent Management, including Performance Management, Engagement, I&D, Footprint, and Talent Assessment. Develop, interpret and present a point of view with respect to analytics/KPIs. Evaluate and mitigate talent risks by leveraging business analytics and processes.Lead communication of metrics and data between business levels, CoEs, and group leadership teams. Provide reporting and analytics education to the larger HR community to drive a focus on metrics.
- Drive programs in key areas, examples include annual merit planning, employee census tools, APEX, OCA/talent development, leadership development programs, footprint evaluation, etc. Provide analysis and recommendations for program improvement and creation.
- Act as a key stakeholder in the early talent internship/leadership development/direct hire programs to pipeline talent needed to meet our core and emerging talent requirements. Helps with forecasting, placements, campus recruiting and event coordination, participant development, etc.
- Provide leadership for and oversight of communications plans, knowledge retention, and recommend sustainable knowledge sharing channels for the larger HR community. Facilitate a culture where best practices are shared across HR and the businesses, while identifying opportunities for synergy and integration of best practices. Participate on Corporate, cross-group, and cross-functional task teams, often taking the lead role in specific aspects of these programs.
- Work closely with the HR Director-Sector Functions to identify innovative ways to continue to enable the sector functions’ strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in human resources or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree and/or HR certification
- Prior HR experience working with a professional salaried workforce such as field sales/services/functions.
- HR Business Partner experience with client groups
- Project and program management – ability to plan, identify, coordinate and track critical activities, milestones and deliverables with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Process improvement and systems thinking – implements continuous improvement as a business practice.
- HR Technology – proficiency with project management tools, systems, and procedures. High competency required in MS Office Products and knowledge. Past experience with Oracle preferred. Working knowledge of social media tools for effective communications.
- Experience and proficiency performing advanced analytics in Excel and other MS Office tools and translating information into presentations and other communication channels.
- Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations.
- Initiative to work independently and within a matrixed team environment, leveraging resources as needed.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal, written, listening and influence skills and be able to present facts clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation/coaching skills. Strong employee relations skills with proven ability to drive change management and leadership ownership/accountability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time