Manual Machinist - 1st Shift
Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Manual Machinist to join our team.
This is a 1st Shift Position - based in North Charleston, SC
The Manual Machinist will setup and operate manual machinery to machine precision products. The machinist will focus on operations such as grinding and honing internal features on parts with tight tolerances between .0001 and .0003 and 8 Ra surface finish.
- You will run manual machines, grinders, lathes, mills and drill presses
- You will Install fixturing
- You will read and interpret blueprints to set up and manufacture parts within specifications
- You will operate and set up lathes, mills, OD, ID, Surface Grinders, Hone, and lapping machines
- You will move controls to adjust feed rate, spindle speed, length of stroke, and depth of cut
- You will demonstrate knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- You will review and audit process standard on each work order
- You will use various measuring equipment such as OD micrometers, calipers, comparators, Stotz gages, bore gages, air gauging, Profilometer
- You will maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of abrasive material processes such as grinding, honing
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Understand and demonstrate ability to use gauging equipment.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- One (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in machining, deburring, honing or lapping parts in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the N. Charleston, SC facility (zip code 29418) to be considered.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
- 5 years’ experience performing manual grinding or manual honing processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only