Production Value Stream Manager
Eaton’s Hydraulics' division has an opening for a Production Value Stream Manager. The position is located at the Eden Prairie, MN Facility.
Our team is looking for a talented individual who thrive in a fast pace environment and enjoys working in a diverse workforce that reflects the nature of our worldwide business. We manufacture Steering Units, Hydraulics Motors, and Piston Products which are used primarily in powering agricultural and construction equipment. The site is co-located to the Hydraulics HQ which provides a great opportunity to gain creditable union plant experience while getting high level exposure to the Engineering, Supply Chain, and Operations leaders of the division.
The Production Value Stream Manager will provide daily support to the manufacturing floor by directing, coordinating, developing, coaching, and counseling a cross functional Value Stream to ensure production and quality standards are met, while maintaining positive employee morale. All Production Supervisors across the shifts in the Value Stream will report directly to the Production Value Stream Managers. The Production Value Stream Manager will work closely with the Safety, Engineering, Scheduling, Quality, HR, and Finance support functions to prioritize and collaborate on work content.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- You will lead one of three Value Steams with direct supervisory and production employee reports, and indirectly influence cross-functional team members to achieve shared business goals.
- You will manage one or more supervisors and guide them through Eaton's Leadership Model.
- You will facilitate assembly and component manufacture schedules in a department (sub-value stream) by leading a production team comprised of skilled leads, technicians, machinists.
- You will coordinate Value Stream budgeting, forecasting, staffing, and overtime levels to achieve productivity and financial results.
- You will act as plant champion for Eaton lean management competencies/systems including support for key supervisory-influenced elements (Standard Work and 5S+).
- You will follow supervisor's standard work process and ensure all reports are following their standardized work processes. These actions will encompass approximately 50% of the work.
- you will establish and monitor goals, provide performance feedback, establish development plans and provide coaching to direct reports or cross functional support members.
- You will demonstrate effective communication with other shifts, departments and management. Ensure cross functional sharing of resources to meet plant goals.
- You will leverage the Eaton Business Systems (EBS) values, tools and practices to drive performance excellence. Work with operations excellence partners (Lean, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) and foster a continuous improvement culture.
- You will review safety procedures and ensure safe working conditions to minimize employee risk to injury. Drive towards a zero-incident safety culture.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a manufacturing and/or operations environment.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience in a manufacturing and/or operations environment.
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of the facility will be considered for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Prior experience in manufacturing assembly and test and/or machining
- Prior experience communicating with the manufacturing employees, Engineering, Quality, and Schedulers to ensure production commitments are met.
- Prior experience working directly with operations metrics in a manufacturing environment and resolving customer problems.
- Experience with leading Lean improvements.
- Minimum 4 years of supervisory experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time