Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The buyer will schedule and coordinate timely deliveries of purchased components by releasing orders generated by the MRP/Buyers/Supplier Schedules to the suppliers. Provide support to the manufacturing floor by creating, scheduling and managing orders generated by the MRP. Schedule and coordinate the flow of work within or between departments in manufacturing and between plants (JC/WC) to expedite production and material flow. Review master production schedule and work orders, establish priorities for specific customer orders, and revise schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of employees, parts, materials, machines and equipment. On-time delivery and Inventory goals are the primary focus.
- You will plan and allocate materials based on prescribed methodology and provide timely delivery to customers.
- You will ensure that materials, supplies and services are provided by supplier in support of internal and external customer requirements.
- You will manage and develop suppliers to ensure optimal quality and delivery, while maintaining strong supplier relationships.
- You will execute daily/weekly cycle of release, expedite, and review of production requirements to support manufacturing requirements.
- You will drive part deliveries to minimize part shortages while supporting JIT philosophy.
- You will provide supplier forecasting information from forecast/schedules where required.
- You will manage and maintain MRP parameters to meet inventory strategy
- You will analyze inventory levels and meet DOH objectives.
- You will actively support timely disposition of deviated materials and return-to-vendor of defective parts.
- You will manage all issues with supplier invoicing to insure timely payment to suppliers.
- You will be a model for the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- You will manage or support supplier performance improvement objectives primarily around delivery or quality expectations.
- You will participate in Eaton continuous improvement programs and actively seek continuous improvement opportunities.
- You will support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable functional discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supply-chain role or manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
planning & scheduling experience
• MRP systems knowledge (Oracle and Mfg/Pro preferred)
• Comprehensive knowledge of materials planning and inventory control processes
• Strong analytical skills
• Teamwork skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• APICS Certification
- Problem solving Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- This position requires the incumbent to apply analytical and problem-solving skills, which includes a strong knowledge of supply chain and purchasing problem solving tools. Incumbent should possess statistical tool application skills
- This position drives value by defining problems and eliminating root causes, and creates supply chain solutions for process improvements
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No