Jr. Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Truck division is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our team.
This position is based at our San Luis Potosí facility.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for Develop and implement manufacturing processes for new products, continuous improvement and Support production activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Provides corrections related to machine capability and production rates (OEE). Maintain and improve current manufacturing processes to produce parts to specification.
- Support to manufacture engineer Sr. to follow a project planning, scheduling and implementation of the projects.
- Support to provide technical leadership and solutions.
- Support for to conduct the investigation and research on new process and product.
- Maintain and update process documentation.
- Review new part drawings and processes for proper utilization of machine.
- Continually evaluate safety, ergonomics, productivity and quality and improve process.
- Review and prove tool drawings from division, machine suppliers, tool vendors, etc.
- Help to initiate and implement tool, fixture and part change to improve product quality.
- Leadership of Cost Out projects in Tool, Fixtures or Quality areas
- Participate in the continuous improvement process of the plant and implement cost-savings in manufacturing to reduce waste including corrective actions to make an immediate impact to business results. Reduce high-risk priority numbers in manufacturing PFMEA´s.
- Implements, promotes and maintains a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accidents prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, electronic or manufacturing engineering required.
- 3 years experience in manufacturing or engineering environment, ideally in the automotive industry.
- English language at a conversational level would be a plus.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and training in assembly controls, automation, mistake proofing techniques and CNC programming.
- Skills at interpreting mechanical drawings and basic use of CAD systems.
- CQI-15 Welding System
Position Success Criteria :
- Provide information to update database to add new models.
- Make hand notes for operation people training.
- Train operator to use proper methods, write work instructions, define setup techniques, maintain equipment and track OEE.
- Develop positive employee relations.
- Proactive & results driven
- Participate actively in Eaton’s initiatives such as community involvement, diversity and wellness.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time