Director of Sales EMEA
This position is responsible for Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds sales strategy and operations covering the full Crouse Hinds portfolio of products, leading the development and implementation of an integrated Crouse-Hinds sales strategy and a world class organization.
The position will be responsible for the sales teams and processes across multiple channels and other key influencers. This role will drive continuity across key account planning and development, large pursuits and new product launches. It will also enhance selling activities to maintain and improve Crouse-Hinds’ competitive position, maximize coverage and to ensure the full leverage of our sales resources.
The role will partner with the Eaton Europe and Middle East Sales Force to capitalize on existing channel relationships and establish new opportunities to pull through products for Crouse Hinds, as well as the broader Eaton portfolio.
This position is also accountable for the oversight of the customer service organization and excellence strategy for Europe and the Middle East Eaton Crouse-Hinds electrical product lines sold both regionally and globally. The scope encompasses: sales pipeline development, key accounts management, consultative selling, large bids management, value-pricing, order entry, export sales, order verification, demand forecast, inventory stock check, technical support, sales support, order status, expediting of orders, e-commerce and returns.
- Determine the most effective and economic means of selling Crouse-Hinds Products.
- Develop and implement world-class sales organization and processes (incl. systems, metrics, hiring and skill-set development).
- Provide effective administration and direction of the field and headquarters sales and customer service organization.
- Direct and integrate product planning and line administration functions to ensure the availability of new products and the maintenance of a competitive product line in support of approved business objectives.
- Own synergy sales strategies across Eaton and CH product portfolios.
- Drive best in class distribution strategies in all regions.
- Drive EBS best practices, CH sales score card and key metrics.
In this position you are the principal spokesperson in its relations with distributors, specifiers and end customers. As such, you must
- Develop, motivate, and manage a technically-competent, commercially oriented team of skilled and aggressive headquarters and field sales personnel
- Be fully capable of interpreting objectives, plans, programs, strengths, and weaknesses to all of Crouse-Hinds in a manner which preserves and improves the company reputation.
In this position you are the principal source of knowledge and interpretation concerning markets and customers. As such, you must
- Identify and evaluate potential new markets of product opportunities and recommend appropriate programs for their profitable exploitation to BU leader.
- Maintain the competitive stature of existing product lines through identification and implementation of corrective actions required in product modification, application, pruning or price levels, and/or sales program priorities and details.
- Provide the BU leader and staff with timely and clear interpretation and guidance as to market changes and competitive activity which may affect plans and performance.
This position requires a detailed working knowledge of Electrical markets in key industries like O&G, Pharma and Chemicals, their specifying and purchasing influences, channels of distribution, competition, products used and their application methods, sales organizations and their administration, promotional techniques, and related matters--all in the context of the commercial practices and expertise necessary to find and sell Electrical Products to customers at price levels and in sufficient volume to meet established objectives. Familiarity with the techniques of market research and analysis, financial analysis, product development procedures, sales planning, and manufacturing processes is also required.
Minimum 7 years of industrial product sales experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a sales team
Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or Technical Sales from an accredited university
Experience selling into electrical or heavy industrial markets
10 years of sales and commercial experience may include: area sales management, territory management, sales engineering, or channel management
5 plus years management of direct or agent teams and senior-level sales talent; designing and executing a strategy through others
Cross-functional experience across roles and divisions - may include: product or product line management/marketing, custom manufacturing solutions center (CMSC), supply chain, operations, engineering, program management
- P & L reponsibility; accountability to manage and deliver results per sales plan.
- Sales operations and key account management
- Strategic planning and profit planning experience.
- Working in global role.
- Electrical industry sales experience.
- Experience with a start- up or turnaround.
- Managing through channel conflict.
- Managing agents
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time